Monday, September 21, 2009

I gotcha on a technicality....

I said come back on Monday for the next installment of healthy eating but I certainly did not say WHICH Monday! ;) I apologize to those of you who I know are out there checking this blog every 20 minutes just waiting to hear what new and inspiring thing I have to say or more likely, those of you who have given up assuming we've all been swallowed by an angry Gila monster.

I do have to say that part of the reason that this took so long to get up here, actually a BIG part is that we just haven't been hungry. (Aren't we blessed!?) Who wants to make dessert when you don't feel like eating it? I am happy to leave it be when it's not actively stalking me. In order to be sure that it was made, I invited some friends over this last Saturday evening and knowing that they were coming motivated me to make it. I think this is probably one of the healthier ways to enjoy a dessert that you could find.

STRAWBERRY SORBET


Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen whole strawberries
2 cups 100% pineapple juice
1/2 cup (or less) sugar
5-6 ice cubes
Redi-whip

Preparation:
Place strawberries, juice and sugar into blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes one at a time and blend to make more the consistency of a slushy. Place in freezer about 20 minutes to an hour or until stir-able but thickened. Place in bowl or cup and top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.

**You can try this with any frozen fruit but our favorite by far is strawberry! Something about the strawberry and pineapple together...... YUMMO!**

No comments: