Our favorite stop between Yuma and L.A. is Hadley's Fruit Orchard.
We were first introduced to Hadley's by Jeremy's cousin Michelle who brought us a big box of their super sweet dates when she came to visit us. She told us all about the date shakes, so on our next pass through, we had to stop and try one. Now the car (even a rental car, amazingly enough) seems to know that it will need to pull off the highway to fuel up his passengers on banana date shakes. They even put little containers of cinnamon and nutmeg out on the counter in case you'd like them mixed in with your shake. We say YES, PLEASE!
My sister noticed that poor Marshall didn't have anything in his hands, so I must confess. I am too cheap to buy a shake for everybody. We had a front seat shake and a back seat shake. Marshall had to share with Amelia. Unfortunately for him, possession is 9/10's of the law and she wasn't letting go. ;) When Abby and I had enough, we passed our shake back to him, so that evened things up just a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment