Friday, February 3, 2012

The Painted Desert Trail

Last Sabbath, after church, we were invited to join some of our friends for a picnic lunch and hike.  We happily accepted!

We were all pretty hungry by the time we drove out to our spot and got our lunches ready.  Made it taste all the better!  (If you weren't having sandwich envy!)

After lunch, we went for a hike to work off the yummy popcorn Regan made.


Amelia and Ari climbing up a hill
**Photo credit to William Collins**

Abby following right after them.
**Photo credit to William Collins**

Amelia and Ms Regan watching the slowpokes who chose to climb the stairs instead of the loose rock.


The kids had so much fun running and playing with Ari.  It is safe to say that they were COMPLETELY exhausted by the time we got home Saturday night.

My girl is so silly!

Pretty Mimi-bear!

Can't miss those dirty knees!

When Abby noticed some of the women who were with us being nervous about her being so close to the edge of the cliff, she decided to make them feel even more nauseous.

Mr. Muscle

As we were driving out, Abby and I were discussing how sad I was that I didn't get to see any wild burros.  (There was...ahem...evidence of them everywhere.)  Not 5 seconds later, I spotted this guy right off to my left.  I got out to take a picture and he was so close, I could hear him snorting at me.
So cool!  It's like seeing Brighty of the Grand Canyon!

This is probably my favorite picture of the day.  Completely captures the joy of an afternoon spent in God's creation.
**Photo credit to William Collins**




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo essay! Some lucky people were invited! But we had invited some out of town friends who showed up in church unexpectedly!!

William said...

Great site Torry, as Marshall is showing in that last photo, we all "scored" a great Sabbath day.